Diglossia Girl

"We are all looking for answers...Sometimes the answers we were looking for were hiding just below the surface. Other times, we find answers when we didn't realize we were asking a question. Sometimes, the answers can catch us completely by surprise. And sometimes, even when we find the answer we've been looking for, we're still left with a whole...lot of questions." -Grey's Anatomy

The pain lingers in my chest
like a dagger's open wound--
unwilling to heal,
unwilling to bleed the venomous rust.

I desperately want to tell you my desires,
but instead, I keep them contained,
locked away deep inside,
like a letter in a coffin
buried in the ground.

The words inside my soul are never to be spoken,
never to be heard,
and never to be seen
by you, my loved one.

I'll keep them from you because I know you'll criticize,
deny,
tell me I don't quite understand.

Sugar coat another excuse for me, Dear.
Please, make it sweet and sincere.
Go ahead, shove the dagger in a little deeper.
Don't listen to a word I say--I'll take the pain.
Yes, I'll let it linger in my chest.

Just kiss me, Dear.
You'll never know I'm dying.

0 LEAVE A COMMENT:

Post a Comment