Diglossia Girl

"We are all looking for answers...Sometimes the answers we were looking for were hiding just below the surface. Other times, we find answers when we didn't realize we were asking a question. Sometimes, the answers can catch us completely by surprise. And sometimes, even when we find the answer we've been looking for, we're still left with a whole...lot of questions." -Grey's Anatomy

Today I am a little child, afraid of everything.
I look away from you in my own insecurities
and I cling to my beloved doll
for she seems my only friend.

This is who I am today, but tomorrow
I may be a woman of elegance
and of great wisdom.

I am afraid to love today;
I am afraid I may lose my way.
I turn away from you in my own instability
and I cling to my journal
for it seems my only confidant.

This is who I am today, but tomorrow
I may dive in.
Tomorrow, I may take a risk.

Be patient with me, my love.
Give me time to grow,
for I am a little child
afraid of everything.

0 LEAVE A COMMENT:

Post a Comment